Click here for pdf of resume
Chief Marketing and Growth Officer
Data →Decisions →Strategy → Tactics →Execution → Tracking →ROI →Repeat
A transformative marketing and growth executive highly regarded for 20+ years of award-winning, record-setting experience strategizing, developing, and executing B2B, B2C, and B2B2C international omnichannel digital and offline campaigns. Leverages a profound breadth of expertise gained from startup environments to industry-leading Fortune 500 enterprises to craft innovative solutions proven to increase engagement and revenues. An international relationship builder and negotiator with a unique combination of business and technical acumen coupled with big-picture strategy ideation and hands-on execution.
Digital Marketing Transformation & Automation
Global Go-to-Market Campaign Strategy
Brand Recognition & Growth
CRM Implementation & Management
Sales Coaching & Training
Lead Generation & Customer Acquisition
Omni-Channel Marketing & PPC, SEO, SEM
Client Engagement & Retention
Strategic Alliances & Business Development
International Product Launches
Featured Speaking Engagements at International Marketing Conferences
Lead Acquisition: Finding the Right Prospects, coaching B2B and B2C CMOs how social, mobile, SEO, and lead nurturing can drive client acquisition and deepen the brand experience – B2B LeadsCon, NYC
How to Decide on New Technology and Marketing Platforms for acquisition, engagement, retention, social, mobile, Marketing Automation, Inbound/Outbound, Digital Ecosystem and Infrastructure for B2B, Account-Based Marketing, B2B2C, and B2C – International CMO Club Summit
Boosting B2B Demand Gen Efforts, instructing B2B/B2C marketers on leveraging the newest technologies – FierceCMO
The Art of Negotiation, How to Wheel and Deal when Buying Media – National Restaurant Association
Marketing and Your Company’s Digital Ecosystem – Southern Methodist University – Cox School of Business MBA Program
Fractional CMO, Chief Growth Officer, Governmental Liaison, and Strategic Alliances
CH Consulting | Plano, TX | 2020 – Present
- Help Or Motivate Everybody, Inc., raising the “self-esteem” of children with special needs or differences while teaching other children tolerance and compassion toward those who are different through books, video, and toys.
- Strategic Alliance – 35K new customers for a major tax preparer from an organization’s clients needing 1099 advice.
- Governmental Liaison for FDA approval for a product to treat the causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Chief Marketing Officer, Global Head of Member Engagement & Programs
Salesforce + The CMO Club | Plano, TX | 2018 – 2020
The CMO Club is the world’s premier organization for CMOs/Marketing Leaders, acquired by Salesforce March 2020.
- Grew membership from 424 to over 650 members and grew chapter locations from 28 to 35 internationally.
- Facilitated roundtable consultations leveraging the experiences of working for Fortune 500 companies to start-ups, from B2B, B2C, and B2B2C using “the Best Practices from the Best Brands” to develop solutions to CMO’s challenges.
- Doubled the close rate by conducting 80% of first outreach intro calls, boosted ‘likely to recommend’ score to 85%.
- Recognized as a vital first point-of-contact for members needing urgent solutions – the “go-to” person.
- Increased member engagement 95%, improved satisfaction to 85% by owning 100% of new member onboarding.
- Spearheaded a full redesign and restructure of the digital ecosystem, including marketing automation platform, CRM customer flow, and app integration with the website.
- Chosen to represent The CMO Club at over 200 global events as host, facilitator, and moderator.
Fractional CMO, Marketing and Growth Strategy Consultant, Governmental Liaison
CH Consulting | Plano, TX | 2017 – 2018
- Interim CMO for S. Law Shield, providing pre-paid legal services for people with Concealed Cary Permits.
- Revitalized the marketing organization and developed a strategy in collaboration with the sales team for B2B2C.
- A full website redesign to increase B2C conversions over 57% through Content Marketing, PPC and Social.
- Innovated a new Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) channel through segmented digital strategies for a national roll-out and restructured the digital ecosystem to support the DTC channels and direct sales in the field.
- Consultant to McKinsey & Company on web content development, eCommerce, and marketing automation platforms for SMB to Enterprise organizations.
- Recommended by 17 members of Congress to be appointed U.S. Ambassador to the International Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), 37 countries promoting global economic growth and opportunity.
- Served as consultant and member engagement chair for The CMO Club, redesigned the customer lifecycle flow from the first touch to onboarding to renewal; designed a digital ecosystem to maximize every lifecycle touchpoint.
- Obtained a ‘both sides of the aisle’ Congressional endorsement for a $7M DHS/DoD project, the Intermodal Preemptive Security Enhancement Program (IPSEP), building a consortium of 17 electronic manufacturers and companies in North Texas to address international shipping security concerns for government contractors.
Vice President and CMO – Lead Generation, Inbound/Outbound Digital Marketing Automation, Content Marketing MediGain | Plano, Texas | 2012 – 2017
B2B healthcare services and SaaS analytics/reporting platform for doctors’ practices to large healthcare networks.
- Brought on to build the Marketing Department and Go-To-Market Strategies “from the ground up.”
- Grew from $3M to $50M in 3 years (50/50 organic/acquisition) and from 5 to 3,000 employees.
- Developed and implemented the “Digital Ecosystem” including the Marketing Automation Platform, Lead Generation, Inbound/Outbound Marketing for tracking/reporting of all acquisition, conversion, engagement, and retention KPIs.
- Expanded the service offering and pivoted the strategic direction to include an industry-leading SaaS/PaaS analytics/customer engagement platform for hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, and large practices.
Senior Vice President and CMO – eCommerce, Omnichannel Marketing
APMEX (American Precious Metals Exchange) | Oklahoma City, Oklahoma | 2010 – 2012
World’s largest B2C eCommerce retail website for consumer financial services and portfolio diversification.
- Increased revenue from $700M to $1.4B in one year using just over $600k in AdWords and PPC display ads.
- Drove calls into the Sales team increasing the percentage of the Sales Department’s corporate revenue contribution from 2% in 2010 ($14M) to 27% in 2011 ($378M).
- A complete overhaul of PPC with “Zero-Based-Budgeting” enabling the monthly AdWords spend to grow from $50k to $650+k in 3 months by reinvesting the ROI and developing “Above-the-Fold” PPC and SEO strategy and tactics.
- Grew the team from 6 to 12 marketing professionals driving revenue through PPC, SEO, SMM, mobile, Direct Response TV, and offline advertising channels.
Senior Vice President and CMO – Live TV Shopping Channels, DRTV, International B2B2C Distribution
Data Drive Thru | Dallas, Texas | 2005 – 2010
Start-up B2C consumer electronics hardware and software company.
- Employee #1 – Worked with company founder and developed business plan, investment presentations and go-to-market strategies for an innovative product; drove all marketing initiatives and sales channel management.
- Accelerated revenue from $0 to $10M within 18 months and expanded distribution internationally to 6K+ locations.
- Most successful launch in QVC history appearing as the company spokesperson on Live Prime Time TV.
- Driving $82K in revenue in 52 seconds during CNN interview after winning Yahoo Tech’s Last Gadget Standing at CES.
- Utilized guerilla marketing techniques to achieve the above results with only a $200k budget.
Other Executive Marketing Experience: DirecTV, Primestar, Gilliam Investments, Harborage I, Ltd., Bobby McGee’s Conglomeration, McFaddin Ventures, United Energy Resources.
Southern Methodist University, Cox School of Business, Dallas, TX: Master of Business Administration – Marketing
University of Houston, Houston, TX: Bachelor of Arts – Journalism